The Intel® Visual Compute Accelerator combines the capabilities of the Intel® Iris™ Pro graphics within the Intel® Xeon® processor E3-1200 v4 and the power of the Intel® Xeon® processor E5-2600 v3 family.
Designed around visual computing workloads, this PCIe* add-in card can handle the high end 4K/High Efficiency Video Coding (HEVC) transcoding jobs as well as many simultaneous Advanced Video Coding (AVC) jobs. Built for cloud service providers, telco service providers and broadcasters who need media transcoding acceleration for the growing video market.
- Supports HD and UHD 4K with HEVC and AVC transcodes
- Three Intel® Xeon® Processor E3-1283L v4 with AVX2.0*
- Intel® Iris™ Pro graphics P6300
- Up to 96GB of DDR3 memory
- Full-length, full-height, double-width Gen 3.0 PCIe* x16 card
- Supported by Intel® Server Products S2600WT family and ecoysystem partner systems
Combining the Graphics of the Intel® Xeon® Processor E3 and the Power of the Intel® Xeon® Processor E5 on One System
The Intel® Visual Compute Accelerator brings 4K Ultra High Definition (UHD) media processing capabilities to Intel® Xeon® processor E5 platforms. The Intel® Visual Compute Accelerator card integrates three Intel® Xeon® E3 processors with Intel® IrisTM Pro graphics and Intel® Media Server Studio-enabled hardware accelerated video processing into a PCIe* card form factor that fits into Xeon® processor E5-based servers.
Specifically designed for High Definition (HD) and 4K UHD media processing with High Efficiency Video Coding (HEVC) and high-density Advanced Video Coding (AVC) transcoding solutions with this card you can offer your cloud and communication service provider customers a customizable solution that can:
- Offer fast transcoding for video into multiple formats and bit rates reducing the amount of time needed to process the video inputs
- Reduce the amount of storage needed for those multiple formats through higher compression processing
- Allow for real time transcoding into multiple formats from the stored format, reducing the need to store all possible media formats
- Reduces the amount of network bandwidth needed (lower bit rates) at better video quality by compressing the video prior to transmission
The Intel® Visual Compute Accelerator is uniquely capable of supporting the different media processing solutions as it contains three Intel Xeon processor E3 v4 with Intel Iris Pro Graphics P6300; placing these three processors on a Gen3 x16 PCIe card provides high throughput and low latency when moving data to and from the card.
Outstanding Performance / Power
• Full access to integrated processor and graphics processing unit (GPU) for best quality and performance
• Real time HEVC and AVC transcode performance delivered at low cost and power
Flexible and portable software architecture
• Virtual network allows host and card to communicate seamlessly
• Strong ISV ecosystem for ease of solution deployment
Fits within Intel® Xeon® Processor E5 infrastructure
• Multiple 1U and 2U server system options from several OEMs and Intel® Server Systems
• PCIe* Gen3 x16 enables fast communication between host and adapter